2757 Wyoming St
The Rauner Sisters Millinery in Benton Park West
Project Type Green Historic Renovation
Green Rating HBA Silver
Description 1,700 Square Foot Apartment + 1,750 Square Foot Commercial
Story This 2700 sqare foot commercial/residential building was originally constructed to house a hat shop (millnery) for the Rauner sisters in 1893. The successful hat shop was later converted into a bar in the fifties and stayed a functioning pub until well into the nineties. When Blue Brick took acquisition of this building, it was in severe disrepair. Blue Brick nearly rebuilt the building from the ground up. Using green building practices, this terrific renovation now houses Mwanzi Green Building Supply and a luxury apartment.